Friday, September 21, 2007

Fall Time...Sorta

Alright...I don't know what was up with the weird text. I tried to fix it - let me know if it is back to normal


FALL IS HERE!!! It is late September, the leaves are changing colors and we are starting to get out our jackets. HaHaHa that's what I would have written 3 years ago when were were living in Rexburg. But it is below 100 degrees and though I never thought I would say this 95 feels really cool.

In honor of the chilly weather, I decided to make my Grandma Nori's famous Chicken Noodle Soup and famous Filled Raisin Cookies. In the fall at Grandma Nori's house there are two things that must be done.
First - Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup.
When I say homemade I mean HOMEMADE. Complete with the whole chicken and handmade noodles.


Second - Grandma's Pineapple Raisin Cookies! Delicious!

So I tackled the challenge devoting most of my day! And I have to say, to me it was DELICIOUS. It brought back Great memories! But... I decided after boiling a whole chicken and boning it, toiling over homemade noodles, and 2 hours of work for 24 cookies that I am SO grateful that I wasn't a pioneer. What a lot of work for such a small return!!!
The best part of the whole story is that I did this to help welcome in the fall season for my family- thinking they would love it the way I remember loving when my grandma did these things.

Well, that's not exactly what happened. Ethan and Tyler said they didn't like the soup and that the noodles were "Squishy" and could they please have " Ramon Noodles." They both refused to eat the cookies. Ethan said (Speaking for both of them) that they only like cookies that have chocolate chips. Preston loved the soup, but agreed with the boys that, "Putting raisins in cookies definitely ruins them."

But regardless, it did make the house seem more festive to me! Maybe next year I will start the tradition of Pizza welcoming in the fall!


3 comments:

lynsey said...

i think i've cracked the code from the wingdings in the beginning of the post. what you were saying is, the straders are the most fantastic people on the planet and we are blessed to know them and associate with them. oh, and i made some homemade chicken noodle soup! the soup looks delish by the way, i LOVE homemade chicken noodle soup. you're the most fancy pioneer i know.

Rachel Holloway said...

Are you talking about a pick-up-the phone-and-order-pizza? Great idea... :)

lynsey said...

go back to the wingdings, it was the most original blog i've ever read. i like this version too though.