Tuesday, April 15, 2008

We need a little Christmas!!

I am a early bird when it comes to taxes. As soon as my W-2's are here I am filing - and this year was no different...for my federal taxes. But when I was filing my federal taxes I was saddened that this year not only did I have to file state taxes for the first time but I actually OWED them! NOOOOOOO! It was a sad day for me, so sad in fact that I decided that I wasn't going to file them at that moment. I couldn't bring myself to write over a BIG check to the state of Arizona. I don't know what I was waiting for, possibly the oil or gold I just KNOW is in my backyard, but I waited and waited and waited until the last possible day. Finally, this afternoon I logged on with my wallet in hand- ready to pay, I don't know if ready is the right word...more like resigned to pay the darn taxes.
It was a CHRISTMAS miracle. I got on and now not only do I not owe them a cent but they owe me...that's right THEY OWE ME!!! Have you ever seen Mame? In the movie Lucille Ball sings, "We Need A Little Christmas,"when the family needs some cheering up and when I saw those numbers staring back at me from the screen I burst out singing that song at the top of my lungs. We definitely needed a little Christmas around this house and Arizona gave it to me. I might be putting up the tree tonight!

4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Marc Gilchrist said...

How you owed them taxes and then you didn't? Taxes are so confusing-I just hope every year we don't owe anything and maybe get a little back. Merry Christmas to you!

amandamenghini said...

How did that happen? Did you change then numbers?

campblondie said...

Cookin' the books huh?