Friday, May 30, 2008




Recollections of My Friday

Ethan explaining to me that his strawberry smoothie, tortilla chips, and lemonade all tasted very cinnamon-y and that he was pretty sure someone was poisoning him.

Listening to Tyler cry for ten minutes because Ethan bit his car seat.

Playing "I Spy" and laughing hysterically every time it was Tyler's turn... he's seriously confused about his colors. One time he actually spied something that is, "Rumpelstiltskin." Is that a color?

Digging Tyler's underwear out of a public trashcan after Ethan threw them away.

Taking two 3 year olds and one 4 year old shopping.

While shopping- Tyler drinking shampoo TWICE.

While shopping- Ethan losing his shoe and cutting his toe.

While shopping -Tyler cutting his ankle.

While shopping- two women stopping me to tell me I have my hands full.

While shopping- questioning my sanity and starting to twitch.

Watching Ethan and Tyler kill ants with golf clubs.

Tyler holding my hand and singing me a "lullybye" when I took a nap this afternoon.

Watching Ethan build a "home" for his new pet beetle and watching him cry when Tyler accidentally killed it.

Experiencing a minor stress attack when I realized Ethan starts Kindergarten in 3 months!!!

Vowing to enjoy each day I have left with him.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

your blogs are always so cute, and I find myself laughing because I remember those days! Three and four year olds are very courrious about everything. For what it is worth, I think you do a great job as a mom, and your kids are lucky to have you!

lynsey said...

there's nothing like a store trip with some adventures along the way. i wish i could have heard tyler's lullaby. did it have anything to do with rumpelstiltskin? that boy is so hilarious.

i get heart palpitations thinking about caleb going to kindergarten in 2 YEARS. i can't believe ethan's old enough to go!

campblondie said...

He'll do great in kindergarten........once he will talk about it.

Emily said...

Kids grow up fast! Before you know it, Ethan will be going on a mission! And Tyler cracks me up! What a character!!!