Thursday, July 30, 2009

Layers of Love...and fat


So...this is a good one. Good but rich. Loved them, though. It's so nice to be back.

Layers of Love Brownies

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup Cocoa
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut in pieces
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3 large eggs, divided
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 3/4 cup White Morsels
  • 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
  • 3/4 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • Directions:
    PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 8-inch-square baking pan.

    COMBINE flour, cocoa and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Reserve 3/4 cup batter. Spread remaining batter into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle nuts and white morsels over batter. Drizzle caramel topping over top. Beat remaining egg and reserved batter in same large bowl until light in color. Stir in semi-sweet morsels. Spread evenly over caramel topping.

    BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

these are soooo yummy. Thanks for sharing a few with me. I kept trying to leave a few for Dustin, but they didn't last long enough.

Corttney said...

Oh gollie I cant believe you did another post I love it! Never leave me again! I have been so lost! I am now found dont leave me!! haha I am funny! Missed you!