Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Overheard


I overheard a conversation in the car today. I'd say 90% funny - 10% concerning. 

Tyler - What year was I born?

Me - 2005

Tyler - What year was Ethan born?

Me - 2003

Tyler - What year was Dad born?

Me(wondering where this is going) - 1978 

Tyler - and you mom?

Me - 1983

Tyler - now speaking quieter to Ethan - So...I am gonna die last. Ha Ha... I will live the longest.

Ethan - No. Maybe you will get hit by a car. Then I will die last

Tyler - No, cause I always listen to the crossing guard. I will not get hit by a car!!!! (he's getting louder and louder)

Ethan(Smugly) - Well, Tyler, there aren't always crossing guards. Sometimes you will have to cross without one. And then you will get his by a car. And then I will die last!

Tyler(in shock) - Mom, is there really places without crossing guards?

Me(not really wanting to be a part of this) - Yeah Ty, sometimes you just have to look both ways...

Tyler(in tears) - I am gonna die first. Ethan makes me so mad...he wins at everything!

So...on second thought I am thinking that this is more like 40% funny and 60% concerning. Seriously the sibling rivalry between those two has taken on new dimensions!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

This is hilarious! I can totally hear my boys saying the same things right now..... they are the exact same ages. I still can't stop laughing. how did you keep your composure? ;)

LB McPherson said...

Your boys are too funny! The things kids will come up with to torture eachother.

amandamenghini said...

I think I peed my pants a little...so stinking hilarious.