2 packages dry yeast
¼ cup warm water
3 eggs well beaten
1 cup room temperature milk
½ cup shortening or butter
2 tsp salt
4-5 cups flour
Rind of 2 oranges finely grated
½ cup sugar
½ cup butter(softened)
- Soften yeast in ¼ cup warm water. Add ¼ cup sugar. Let sit for 10min.
- Beat eggs VERY well
- Combine yeast mixture, eggs, warm milk, shortening (or butter), the rest of the sugar, and salt into very large bowl.
- Add flour a cup at a time until soft dough forms. (No longer sticky)
- Cover and let rise until double in size.
- Divide dough in half and roll out.
- Spread half of orange filling on each half and roll up cinnamon roll style
- Cut with dental floss and place in a greased 9x13 in pan.
- Let them rise a second time until doubled.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 min- until lightly browned
- Mix butter, sugar, and orange rind. Cool in refrigerator so it will stay in rolls easier
8oZ cream cheese
4 Tbl. Butter softened
2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
½ bag white chocolate chips
- Mix the first 4 ingredients
- Melt the white chocolate and combine the two. SPREAD ON ROLLS IMMEDIANTLY.