NOTE: I want to state that this next post results from two things...
1. Our family now having only one(1) car and me finding myself home for four weeks with NO transportation.
2. Due to our lack of car...me watching WAY TOO much food network. I find myself holding my own cooking shows in the kitchen with Ethan and Tyler as the audience. Don't judge me!
Favorite Thing Day 16Do you want to know how to make friends and influence people? I have the answer and it's...
Asiago Cheese Bread
1. Let's get started! First, Mix 1 1/2 cup flour, the sugar and yeast in bowl. Add warm water, beat with an electric mixer on low for 1 minute, scraping bowl frequently.
Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let stand 1 hour.
Here it is after an hour...in all it's yeasty glory!
2. Stir in oil, rosemary and salt. Stir in enough remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until a soft, smooth dough forms. Let stand 15 minutes.
3. Place dough on lightly floured surface. Knead 5 to 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and springy.
Knead in 1 cup cheese.Place dough in large bowl greased with shortening, turning dough to grease all sides. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place 45 to 60 minutes, or until double. Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched(see the indentation)
Place dough on lightly floured surface. Gently shape into football shaped loaf about 12 inches long by stretching sides of dough downward to make a smooth top. Place dough with smooth side up on cookie sheet.
Coat loaf gently with flour.
Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place 45 to 60 minutes or until almost double.
5. Place square pan on bottom rack of oven, add water until 1/2 inch from top. Heat oven to 450 degrees.
6. Spray loaf with cool water, sprinkle with flour. Carefully cut 1/2 inch deep slash lengthwise down center of loaf with serrated knife. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese inside.
7. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temp to 400 degrees. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until loaf is deep golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool.
Didn't I say you would make friends and influence people...your feeling "influenced" right now aren't you?
So cheesy and divine...right about now your neighbor's mouths are watering and they are trying to find an excuse to come over.Ingredients:
3 1/2 to 3 3/4 cup bread flour
1 tsp sugar
1 package yeast
1 1/4 cup very warm water
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp dried rosemary or thyme
1 tsp salt
1 cup diced Asiago cheese(or Swiss)
1/4 cup diced Asiago cheese(or Swiss)
I made this in my new Kitchen aid Mixer for the first time -but I have made it for 51/2 years with my hands and a wooden spoon and it turned at just as delicious!