I love to Bake. I know that must sound so boring and lame to about 98% of the world. But for me something about baking relaxes me. Now, I am not talking cooking. I can pass on meat and potatoes, I mean, they are tasty but just not my favorite to cook. But breads and pastries, cookies and cakes, bars and brownies, well that's my kind of heaven. And now that Fall is here I have the Baking Bug. I need to bake...my oven is calling my name. So to increase my gratitude and hopefully yours, I will be posting a new treat everyday!
¼ cup warm water
3 eggs well beaten
1 cup room temperature milk
½ cup shortening or butter
2 tsp salt
4-5 cups flour
½ cup butter( softened)
½ cup sugar
rind of 2 oranges- finely grated
- Soften yeast in ¼ cup warm water. Add ¼ cup sugar. Let sit for 10min.
- Beat eggs VERY well
- Combine yeast mixture, eggs, warm milk, shortening (or butter), the rest of the sugar, and salt into very large bowl.
- Add flour a cup at a time until soft dough forms. (No longer sticky)
- Cover and let rise until double in size.
- Divide dough in half and roll out.
- Spread half of orange filling on each half and roll up cinnamon roll style
- Cut with dental floss and place in a greased 9x13 in pan.
- Let them rise a second time until doubled.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 min- until lightly browned
- Mix butter, sugar, and orange rind. Cool in refrigerator so it will stay in rolls easier
8oZ cream cheese
4 Tbl. Butter softened
2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp lemon juice\
½ bag white chocolate chips
- Mix the first 4 ingredients
- Melt the white chocolate and combine the two. SPREAD ON ROLLS IMMEDIANTLY.
The secret is in the frosting...Divine!!!