Our first Christmas together Preston bought me a Christmas Cookie magazine, we were in college and so so so broke and something as simple as a magazine was a big deal. I found these cookies then, and to be honest I am not sure why they were in a Christmas magazine. With Chocolate and Peanut Butter as the main ingredients, they make perfect year round cookies. So Good!
Peanut Butter Munchies1½ c. flour
½ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ c. butter softened
½ c. sugar
½ c. brown sugar
¼ c. peanut butter
¾ c. powdered sugar
1/2c. Peanut butter
2 TB sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Set aside
- Beat in large bowl- butter, ½ c. sugar, brown sugar, and ¼ c peanut butter until combined. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat Well. Add flour mixture. . Form 32 small balls out of the chocolate dough. Ser Aside.
- FOR THE FILLING: Combine powdered sugar& ½ cup peanut butter until smooth. Shape mixture into 32 small balls.
- Slightly flatten a chocolate dough ball; top with a peanut butter ball. Shape the chocolate around the peanut butter dough and roll back into smooth ball.
- place balls two in. apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Lightly flatten with a glass dipped in the 2TB sugar.
- bake cookies for 8 min. or until just set and surface slightly cracks. Let stand 1 min. Transfer to a wire rack.