Wednesday, April 8, 2009


Sometimes I like to visualize the future. By sometimes, I mean, at 3:30 in the morning when I finally finish my homework, my head is aching and I know that I have to get up the next morning and start it all over again. I have a few favorites that I like to visit in my head...the daydream of choice lately has been the 5, count them 1,2,3,4,5 months of glorious freedom I will have from school starting August 15th. That's right from August 15th until I start (hopefully) my nursing program January 25th I will have NO school. What do I plan to do in those 5 months...well that my dear friends is the substance of my daydreams. That is what I think of every time I start to melt down...that is what I think of every time I begin to panic thinking of the 21 credits I will be taking this summer..."5 months," I tell myself, "5 glorious months."

So what do I plan to do with those 5 months...
  1. Read Harry Potter again - Harry is my happy place. Reading Harry is like revisiting my childhood - well, except I read Harry as a large pregnant woman but that's beside the point. I will be doing some major Harry Potter reading!

  2. Sleep

  3. Bake Bake Bake - I have NO time for baking. Heck, I have no time for sleeping, showering, brushing my teeth. (JUST KIDDING! Just making sure you were still with me...) I love Baking, it's a major stress reliever for me and I plan on baking so so so much this fall.

  4. Snooze

  5. Mexico - Oh Yeah. Mexico!!

  6. Hit the Sack

  7. Watching TV. Something that has become a distant memory...I know that I sound a tad pathetic missing TV but it's my daydream - I can dream what I want to!

  8. Nap

  9. Art with the kiddos - Ethan and Tyler will get there mom back for some major fun.

  10. Doze

  11. Tea with the Queen of England - Herbal of course.

  12. Shopping

  13. Forty Winks

  14. While visiting the Queen - hit up Paris and eat a croissant

  15. Catch some ZZZZZ

  16. Reading for fun. I know I already mentioned Harry but I think this daydream deserves double mention because it's one of my most frequent visitors. This is the thing I probably miss the most. I miss discovering new books and visiting my old faves.

  17. Try out for American Idol...

  18. Solve World Hunger

  19. Blog!! We all know that if this blog was a child CPS would have it in foster care. This poor blog has been badly neglected. But this Fall...oh how things will change. I am getting the chills just thinking of it...Freedom, I can almost taste it

  20. And I'll probably sleep a bit too!


5 comments:

Kelly said...

Keep dreaming! I hope you get to do at least half of those things on your list...sleep!

Brooke said...

Good luck with getting into a nursing program. I almost started the nursing program at BYU-Idaho this April (got in and everything) but although that's what I wanted, Heavenly Father's had other plans so although I think I would really enjoy doing nursing, for now I will try and be content staying home with my two little boys :) But needless to say, I am a bit envious of you-as crazy as that sounds :)

Stacia said...

We'd vote for you, Andrea. And I'm sure after meeting you, the Queen would as well.

Stacia said...

(...in reference to American Idol.)

lizS said...

oh, five months off sounds awesome! can i do that too? just joking, i don't have anything to take off from except being a mom. can i go with you to mexico? i'll take that instead! ;)