In our house the boys each have a drawer at the top of their side of the dresser that we most affectionately call the special drawer. It's their "off limits" place. I mostly started this for Ethan years ago when Tyler started getting into and destroying his things. I cleared out a drawer for each of them and told them this was their space. Anything outside of this space was free game but if it was in your "special" drawer then it was safe. And it has worked surprisingly well.
Years have passed and the clothes that were once the size of my hand have gotten bigger and bigger and bigger. Two drawers each just isn't cutting it. So...sadly I had to clean out the 'Special" drawers and re-locate them to a new place. Here is what I found in Ethan's drawer...
- Paints - Every artist needs em
- A Spanish dictionary....
- A very nice paper bag puppet -
- A big of mini wheats - for those late night snackies
- Band aids - Got the giggles from this one
- A yarn box from my grandma filled with every card she has sent him in his lifetime. Really pretty cute.
- Dr. Seuss's Birthday Hat...Notice the rainbow colors. When I picked him up from school I could spot him across the parking lot...the only one not colored red and white.
- A tie dyed Frisbee
- My Favorite: His Planner. What five year old doesn't have a planner?