Thursday, May 27, 2010

(Lindsey with Emerson during my visit last week)

The house is silent and I have nothing to do. Okay that isn't true. Yes the house is silent...but the whole "nothing to do,"bit isn't completely true. I have laundry. I have a GRE exam approaching this summer that needs to be studied for. I have a yard sale to organize and a house to pack. I have an endless list of phone calls I need to return and make and to be honest the more I type this list the faster my heart begins to beat...more like race. But really - tonight, in this moment,  I have nothing to do. I am in the middle of my almost MONTH long break from school.

Words to Describe School Getting Out:
Bliss, Freedom, Sunshine, Cartwheels, Cupcakes,Energy...

Oh that list could go on and on. Its not that I hate school. I don't. Really, there are moments that I love it.
Key word: moments. 
Hands down, the decision to go back was one of the best of my life. No exaggeration. It's just that I love the freedom I feel now. Going to bed when I want. Reading for fun and not feeling guilty because there is text book being neglected somewhere. I love being able to go visit my sister last week and hug baby Emerson. I loved staying up late and eating cereal with Ethan. My favorite part was letting Ethan talk about whatever he wanted to and just listening.
Key Words:
John Adams, The White House, The Statue of Liberty, The Invention of Cereal, Colors, Rainbow Bridges...and their existence,  Red Vines, funny things Josie says, songs, cats that go back in time, the definition of a perfect lunch, and how many bouncy balls he can buy with two dollars.
And although I know that list is waiting for me. Lurking in the back of my mind. For tonight, I am going to curl up with my new book and enjoy this freedom.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Michelle said...

How nice to have a break! And I say good for you for taking a little relaxing time. :-)

Unknown said...

sounds like a fun relaxed evening.

S and RA Beazer said...

Enjoy every minute. It will go by so fast.

Anonymous said...

i would love to hear ethan's take on cats that go back in time.

The Garner Family said...

You're such a good example to me. I need to slow down and listen more, especially to my kids. I know it will be amusing:) Thanks for the inspiration!