Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Yep...this is a good one


Love this spinach dip. This dip was shared with me by Julie almost 3 years ago and it has been my go-to dip ever since. And I feel like its healthy. I mean, it has spinach and artichokes and no mayo (which most spinach and artichoke dips have) Although, I do believe the brick of cream cheese and Parmesan cheese may not be the most heart healthy.
Anyway we had it this weekend and I was reminded of the beauty that this dip and a chip can produce. LOVE it!
Enjoy


Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip

6oz Chopped Artichoke Hearts
½ c frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1package cream cheese
½ cup Parmesan Cheese
½ tsp salt
½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1/8 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder

Boil artichoke hearts and spinach in one cup of water over medium heat until tender( you don’t really have to do this…I never do. I just drain them and add them to the mix); drain. Warm cream cheese in microwave. Mix drained artichoke mixture to cream cheese and add remaining ingredients. Serve Warm

Makes about 3 cups

1 comment:

The Kelly Family said...

I have to make this! Thanks for sharing!